The dress I envisioned to wear to my fashion show graduation from the Fashion Design: Pattern Making program at LCC was very different from what I ended up wearing. But I ended up being very happy with how my dress turned out. My dress was the last on my list to make, and I was working on it up until the last minute! I had found the fabric at this amazing fabric store in California when I was visiting my grandparents. I stressed about which colors looked good on me and finally settled on a dark teal color. It must have been a good choice as I received many compliments on my dress at the fashion show!
Even my (now) sister-in-law helped out by covering the above buttons for the back of my belt.
![]() |
| vintage-esque photo shoot several weeks after the fashion show. |
Since I was sewing my dress at the last minute I gave up on the idea that the designer's dress should be the most complicated and instead I opted for something simple and classy. It ended up looking really nice and it is a dress that will fit a variety of occasions!
This is the link to my blog post about my fashion show graduation.
![]() |
| My pattern making teacher and I after the fashion show! |






Lovely job! As someone who has a little experience sewing, I know it's hard to get sew satin and have it look that classy. You also carry off the vintage hat very well.
ReplyDelete