These are the supplies for nine hot pads:
-Insul-Bright: needled insulated lining. It is like batting that has a heat resistant metal side to it.
-Wool felt cut from a felted sweater and scarf.
-Super strong .47/.5" diameter magnets from Jerry's. On the packages they say: Extremely Strong Magnets! Not for Children! Do not inhale magnets. As you can see they are very dangerous! :D
The hot pad pattern is 22x20cm with 1cm seam allowance. The pattern for the batting and the wool is 20x18cm. I layered the hot pads for sewing in this order facing up: right side of fabric, one layer insul-bright, one layer wool, wrong side of fabric. I found that it was best to sew the insul-bright and the wool in the seam of the hot pad to help the hot pad to lie flat.
These are the bags I decorated to hold the lovely gifts:
No comments:
Post a Comment