Friday, August 13, 2010

Comedy of Errors: Cart

In May 2010 I was in the play, A Comedy of Errors. I played Angelina the Jeweler. My director asked me to build a cart for my character. She gave me some ideas but she also said I could have fun with it!

The cart was fashioned out of a doll stroller and cardboard. This picture is after we spray painted it and added length to the handles

Below is a picture after we took off the doll seat and put on a cardboard box. The scroll work and name on the box were done with hot glue and then spray painted.



The box up close.











The picture below is the finished cart and the wares ready to sell.


We wrapped the handles with fabric and added a display board. The box has a rock with gold fabric on top to balance the cart. The jewelry hangs on gold brads that are attached to the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment