Thursday, August 19, 2010

Simplictiy Dress

This is one of my "past projects" because I used a store-bought pattern to make it (gasp!), I had it so easy in those days (just kidding). This dress was made from Simplicity 3867 and the fabric was bought at Joann's. This was the hardest thing I have ever sewn. When I look at patterns I get carried away and want to make the "prettiest one" instead of the "easy one". Even though it was hard, I somehow got through the skirt pleats, the shoulder pleats (UGH!), the facings, the tie, the zipper, and everything else. Thankfully I love this dress and it fits me well. But there were many times when I threw this dress down in frustration. It stayed there for a few weeks until I picked it up again with my mom patiently by my side.






Photos 1-3, taken by Alayna
Photos 4&5, taken by Craig

1 comment: