Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Comedy of Errors Costume

In May 2010 I played the role of Angelina the jeweler in Shakespeare's A Comedy of Errors. My director entrusted me with the task of making a tunic for my costume and I was more than happy to put my pattern-making skills to use! The tunic is Japanese style with three quarter length sleeves. It is made out of very ravely fabric!




The pants were extra large pajama pants. They were well made and I was unable to easily take the elastic in, so I made two big darts in the back; the pants are so baggy that you can hardly tell! I also added elastic to the hem because they were too long. The shoes were mine and the vest and belt came from my director's costume collection. It was super fun to work on this costume and I was glad that my fashion design teacher was able to come see the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment